Thursday, September 17, 2009

First lecture...?

Well, no blog yesterday! Thats because nothing happened. Seriously, I went to university for a lecture at 10, went into amphi F which is where it should have been, and the teacher was talking about how we should always check the room number before going to a lesson, check that it hasn't changed rooms, been cancelled, because sometimes people need a room last minute so everyone has to play musical chairs and change. Which makes no sense to me, but there you go. How did they manage to organise themselves to do anything? They would not have been able to cope if the germans had won the war! Actually, they would have coped but the germans wouldn't. After a few weeks of french 'organisation', they would have run back to germany! Anyway, I met Chris outside the lecture room after asking the guy behind me if it was history (it wasn't) and we went to look at the noticeboards. First we looked at the one with the history timetables on it. No new information there. Then we went into a different building and looked at the 'general' history board, again no new info. So then I waited to talk to someone and ask where there was any useful information to be found. Luckily she was nice, not a 'menopausal french woman' as one or two of my friends have had dealings with. She simply said 'oh, you're eurasmus, you won't have been shown it yet' and led me to the absences and catch-up board (which is unheard of, so far all I've had is vague directions where they've tried to confuse me saying "oh, you go right out of here..." while pointing left) and it turns out the teacher was sick, so I have to check back every day to check for a catch-up lesson.
Anyway, I went out last night, which was great fun! We had a drink at Chris' first then wandered around town for AGES looking for Claire. We found her eventually, by the opera house as well as a load of drunk french people that chris knew. They found out that we were english and so started practicing their english which was amusing, cos they were so pissed and didn't speak eengleesh amazingly "my friend wants that I should go see 'im in eeenglaand, but I do not want." So we went partying with them for a bit but cos it was wednesday, apparently everything closes early! We went to an australian bar, which was so much fun, I love aussie bars in france, it's the closest thing you can get to a club in a town centre in France! All the clubs are way outside the centre for some reason.The only thing was we were only in there for about 30 minutes, cos it closed at 1. So we went with the drunken French to find somewhere else. I'm glad we did, cos I don't think we'd ever have found this on our own, it looked like a gentleman's club or something from the outside, with a bouncer and neon lights, but we got inside and it was a salsa bar! With dancing and a plane that was made to look like it had crashed through the ceiling. The only explination I could come up with for it was that it's a salsa bar, latin american, and the plane represents cuban drug smugglers...?It was sooo expensive (8 euros for a pint) but everyone was dancing really well, and even though none of us could dance salsa, a guy came up to me and asked and I said that I couldn't dance and he said that didn't matter. So I thought why not, and cos the guys lead, it really didn't matter! It was so much fun, I didn't know what I was doing, but acording to Chris and Claire it looked like I did! So the song ended and I let claire have a go! So much fun, we're all going to learn salsa this year with the sports at uni!

No comments:

Post a Comment