Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lots of veg!

You gotta love france! I went to find a market which is quite nearby today. First I went in completely the wrong direction, then I found my way again, saw ANOTHER japanese restaurant 3 minutes from my house (yay!), didn't know the way, and then I asked a lady with a wheelie red granny trolley (you know the ones I mean) and she was going there too, so she showed me the way. If in doubt, follow the trolleys! It was way less busy than the one I went to last week, and I got loads of veg, enough for at least 3 days, for 2 euros. They put everything they want to get rid of in bowls towards the end of the day, and it's normally around 1 euro a bowl. I got 2 lettuces for 50 centimes on one stall and a bowl of mixed veg for 1 euro on another, and the vendeuse said that if I wanted another bowl I could have it for 50 centimes so I thought why not! Some of it is on it's last legs, ok, but cut the dodgy bits off and it's fine! So I ended up with:
2 lettuces (which might even last the week)
3 artichokes
1 green pepper (half of it's fine)
2 big bunches of radishes (I'm not all that sure that I like them, but they look like they'll last the week so I might try them in different ways to see if theres any way I like them, if not, 'tant pis'!
7 mushrooms
1 cauliflower
4 carrots.
A pretty good haul for 2 euros!

I'm going to the cinema later to see either non ma fille tu n'iras pas danser or the coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment