Saturday, September 12, 2009

Finally!

Well I'm sitting here eating fried fennel bulb (it's better than it sounds, trust me! I made up the recipe last week after buying some cos it was really cheap, and I'm using the last of it now in preparation for the market tomorrow) after spending all afternoon and evening trying to connect. I had a blog all typed out earlier, and then it decided to disconnect and I lost it all. Anyway, here we go again! I'd really reccomend choosing something cheap and wierd at the market, by the way. There is so much information and recipes online now, all free to access, so it's really easy to find out what to do with something now that you've got it! As long as you remember the name, that is! If you don't like the taste of it, it didn't cost much in the first place, so it's no great loss!
Anyway, last night I went to a house party at Chris' and got quite drunk, danced and generally had a good time with a load of french people. It was a laugh, but nothing monumental happened so thats all there is to say really.
It's been really dull the past couple of days, grey and dreary (but still not too cold-try telling that to some of the french though!) and I've been a bit down and tired. I decided to go to the tourist information office to see what there is to do around here, and to get away from the annoyance that was my laptop today! It seems to be a very fabric-centred place which is fantastic, I think there was loads of silk made here back in the day! Theres a museum dedicated to a costumier who made ballet things, a shoe museum, a hat museum, a silk printing museum, the list goes on! It's fantastic!
I wandered through town some more, discovering more things, there are 2 gorgeous art-deco buildings in a dodgy part of town, and I found more sushi/japanese restaurants which takes the total up to 8 so far!
I'm going to see if I can make my way to Ikea to get more cooking things (another saucepan would be useful) and possibly some coloured things like posters or something to brighten up the room. I got myself a small Ivy in a pot for my room cos I thought it would be nice to have some greenery around me.
Anyway, I think I'll go to the market tomorrow morning and then hopefully meet Louise to take advantage of a 4 euro cinema ticket offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment