Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Well, the dance class was a bit rubbish. It was dancing, fame-style. Really not my thing. It also went really quickly (the steps, not the lesson, that seemed to take ages!) and I couldn't keep up. There was so much to learn, and as soon as I'd started to pick up one thing, we learned something else and pushed the rest of it out of my head! I was also way less flexible than everyone else, and while I could balance pretty well thanks to drama, I couldn't do anything else, like touching my hands flat on the floor without bending my knees. I'm going to check out the 'active' dance class on friday though, which is all samba and salsa, cha-cha and tango. While it will probably be more difficult, I'll hopefully enjoy it and therefore have incentive to go again.

It's warm today, my computer says it's 22 degrees, which is pretty good. I got a mini blender this morning so that I can turn the unappetising fruit and veg that I get cheap at markets into soups and smoothies. It will hopefully encourage me to do more cooking, too. I also spent what feels like half the day in the pharmacy trying to a) find and b) buy multivitamins. They don't sell them in the supermarket. It's like being in the 50's where you had to go to about 12 shops to get the week's groceries! Anyway, I got them in the end, but I'm now even more determined to NOT get ill this year. It takes too long getting medicine! On the plus side, I'm drinking loads of water. Well, I'm going to type up my lecture notes from yesterday now, so I'm all ready to take more notes in my medieval history class tomorrow. If I do find I'm struggling, they have history for dummies in FNAC so I'll be fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment