Monday, September 21, 2009

Well, an interesting day. I finally had the first of my lessons (an 8 o'clock start-not good!) and understood most of it. Made nearly 5 pages of notes in history of medieval art, which was actually very interesting. Had to leave at the start of the next lesson though, ancient history, because it turns out it's every other week and I was in the wrong class (like that hasn't happened to me before!) So I had a look at the sports and had some lunch. Then I went to find Amphi H for my next class, contemporary history. I checked that it wasn't cancelled on the board, and went in. I felt the need to double check with someone, who told me that it wasn't history. I asked again, and nope, not history. She'd better have been in the wrong room, cos I went outside and waited for someone else to go in, asked them and apparantly I was in the right place, so there! But my god, was it boring! Cos it was a first year class, the first hour and a half was spent welcoming, explaining and reading the book list. It was made even worse by the fact that the chairs consisted of 2 flat pieces of wood and that the air conditioning wasn't working and it was as hot as the sahara in the lecture theatre.

Anyway, I understood most of it, it sounds like it will be an interesting class. I'm going to a street jazz class tomorrow, with the possibility of streching and toning and rock climbing later in the day! There is also the oppertunity to learn to shoot, how bizzare is that?! I might also have to go ice skating later in the week and maybe check out the sports centre thats practically next door! So much to do!

1 comment:

  1. you might find that the sports facillities are open on those rainy Sundays!

    ReplyDelete