Thursday, September 10, 2009

New friends!

I met up with Louise today, one of the girls from manchester uni, and we wandered round town not really doing much other than walking and talking. In the old town we found a pirate restaurant which was closed but had photos of the interior in the window which looked piratey and interesting and the sub-header advertised 'savage food' so I'm looking forward to eating there.

We had a look at going to the cinema too, but changed our minds when we saw that it was over 7 euros a ticket. There is a special offer on this sunday to wednesday where it's 4 euros a ticket, which is more reasonable. I think I'll get a monthly pass too, which is valid in all pathe and gaumont cinemas in france (there's 4 in Lyon) and I can see as much cinema as I want, and the main one is in a really convenient place in town. It's only 19,80 a month, which is really good.

Then we went to monoprix to get some dinner and went to her place which is just outside a tram stop, or 3 minutes from a metro. Its really expensive though, so I'm feeling very lucky at the moment! She's paying over 3 times as much as me, it's an appartment which is quite sweet, but very expensive for student accomodation. Mind you, its better than another place that she looked at, which was co-habitation with an older gentleman. Her 'room' would have been a bed above a desk in the hallway. Behind the front door.

Last night I went out with her and Chris (another manchester student) and Chris' housemates who are all french. We just hung around in their appartment and tried to understand everything that was being said! It was a very cool night, they weren't students, but they were all very young and fun! They were very excited because Rock star the Beatles edition had just come out, so we had a go on that, which was fun!

Tomorrow is a french test to see what level we are, then classes start on wednesday (I think...its always difficult to determine when things start, there are many classes which all start at different points.) Then, hopefully I'll get to go out with the french girl from room 114 which is her name untill I learn what her friends call her!

No comments:

Post a Comment