Sunday, September 6, 2009

market time!

I decided to go and find a market this morning rather than getting fruit and veg at the supermarket, so I looked at a really useful website found in a helpful student lyon guide. You can select the day or area that you want a market, and theres loads, even on a sunday! So I found one which was alond the saone river, which was packed out but had lots of choice. I went in the afternoon, I got there at around 12.30, and because it closed at 1.30, there were loads of fruit and veg bargains! I got 3 pineapples for 1 euro! Because I got loaded up on fruit I had a fruit salad for lunch, healthy and yummy!

I'm going to the cinema later I think, cos theres nothing else to do on a sunday in france (there probably is in a town this size, actually, but I 'll save that for another day!) I'll go and see if cordula is around (the german girl from 2 doors down) and see if she wants to go out too.

Pretty small post for me today, but life is calming down a bit now, so I won't always be discovering cool new things to write about. I'm getting fed up with the wireless here though! It keeps deciding to turn off. Still, I'm lucky I'm near enough to the computer room so that I can use it in my bedroom!

2 comments:

  1. Markets on a Sunday? remarkable - I thought things were relaxing a bit, but I didnt expect there to be much open today! Glad you like pineapple!

    We are both aching today after loft clearance on Saturday - just the garage, under the stairs, shed, cupboards, etc to go.............

    Much love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did find a market one Sunday I cant remember where it was, but they had roti chicken and duck. So if you get there a bit erlier next week you minght be able to find dinner. Sounds like there is more to do there than here.
    As for clearing out the garage I think I will fly over to you that weekend-I am exhausted!
    love mum

    ReplyDelete