Thursday, September 17, 2009

Exhausted!

Well, it turned out to be a nice day today, so rather than go the the musee des beaux arts as I was planning to do, I went to look at the animals and actually take my camera with me this time! Sadly the memory ran out, but I got photos of most of the animals. I saw the bears having a picnic which was cool, they had apples and bananas, which they peel! Then I thought I'd wander back home, when I ran into Louise. She'd just been for sushi which she found out she likes (she'd had it before, but not much.) She also found out that the green paste in sushi restaurants is not avocado. After putting a lot in her mouth. Oops!

We went to find the greenhouses because she hadn't seen them yet and then we wandered around some of the gardens nearby. There was a gorgeous one full of dahlias which are so lovely, and theres a bamboo section which we walked past. Then we had a look at this rock garden section, which was very cool, and we found out where all the lizards in Lyon live! There is so much of it, I'm sure it would take a day at least to walk around the park and see all of it!
I'm quite in the mood for museums, so I think I'll go to the beaux arts tomorrow. I'm on the lookout for at least one poster and I think there'll probably be some nice ones at an art museum, don't you? If not, postcards are cool. I've decided to cover one wall with souvenirs from where I've been and what I've done. For example, I have ticket stubs from the textile museum and cinema, and I got some postcards from the textile museum too. I'm covering another wall in sushi menus (I have 5 so far) and my wardrobe door in museum leaflets! I like to think it will inspire me when I'm bored.

Well, I'm really exhausted now, so I'm going to go to sleep. Night!
By the way, it's finally happened (at 2 1/2 weeks, it happened sooner than I thought); I'm mixing french and english words (Key+cle =cley as dad found out when I was talking to him last night) and I'm forgetting how to translate certain words, and some of the time I'm not sure the word exists in english. It's very frustrating! Still, now I know I can go to china without learning the language; I met a chinese girl in the kitchen and she told me that they al learn english as a second language from primary school! Oh and Chris' 21st is on the 27th September. Why does that ring a bell...?

No comments:

Post a Comment