Monday, September 7, 2009

Getting to know people and course options

Well, I haven't made any real friends yet, but I've been invited out tonight with Cordula; it's one of her friend's birthdays, but she doesn't know too many people yet, so we're going to go out as a small group and hopefully not talk in german all night!

I've decided on some course options, but it might all have to change. I need to organise my timetable myself, and the lecture days and times haven't been posted yet, so no final choices can be made. My first choice looks like this though;
Medieval history, History of middle-age art, Contemporary (1800s) history. Then its a choice of either Greek/Roman civilisation and English translation, or Ancient history to make up the 22 credits I need this term. I'm thinking I might go for option 1, because it would improve my french grammar and vocab, because it's translating things like Dickens and would prpare me for translation next year when I'm back at Kent. However, it would also be insanely difficult for a while and I need to get good grades! I need 10/20 to pass this year, and in France 12/20 is considered a really good grade! Eeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment