Saturday, October 3, 2009

Me and louise went to see a french band in FNAC part dieu today, they weren't all bad. obviously everyone else there was french and knew who they were, but it was a promotional thing, they had their first album coming out. They were trying ther hand at brit pop and the accent was a bit dodge but they were pretty cool. Kind of like blur mixed with oasis maybe with a slight french accent? Might have to get their album and make them sign it next time they're in Lyon (27th Nov)! I think that they're gonna try to be big in england, which is why all their songs are in english. They're called music is not fun and one of their songs is called spleen sailor (I know, what?!?!) There was a guy filming and doing interviews and stuff and he heard us talking in anglais and asked if he could ask us some questions, so we talked to him a bit in french. I want their album now! I've been listening to the samples on their website and have decided I quite like them, more britpop is needed in the world! (some of this may just be the wine I had with my dinner talking!)

So thats pretty much all I did today, cos chris is so last minute not enough people were available to go to lazer quest which was a shame, but we're here for a year (at least, I am) and he's having his birthday celebrations next week apparently theres a student thing somewhere which is 15 euros entry, but then an open bar! How awesome is that?!? Us brits are gonna get wasted! Its what we learn at uni!

I got a medieval drink from the medieval shop (which I've fallen in love with all over again) which is not mead. Mead in french is hydromiel (hydro-honey!) this is kind of like honey mixed with mulled wine I guess, to drink very cold. Its called Hypocras (de pays d'oc-from the occitaine region, which is basically provence) and its got red wine, cinnamon, ginger, muscade (can't remember what that is), cardamom, honey, sugar, rose water, orange and macis (not sure about that one either) in it. Yum yum yum! Deffo bringing bottles back for chrimbo! Gonna have to try the white one next!

Nothing planned for tomorrow apart from market in the morning, then I might see how far along the river I can go on my blades. And I need to type up my ancient history lecture notes. You can get cherry stalks in pots in the supermarket. Why?

1 comment:

  1. Well all I can think is if you are making cherries in brandy, then coating them in chocolate you may like to add a cherry stalk.

    ReplyDelete