Thursday, October 29, 2009

I haven’t written anything for ages, I know. It’s a shame, but I’ve been doing other, less interesting things. I’ve been going through a ‘doing nothing’ phase recently, I think it’s the weather. Hopefully this will change soon, but its sooo difficult to get up in the morning at the moment! There’s a big thing on a mountain in January, a week of skiing and partying for under 200 euro, I might have to look into it!
It’s a shame that it doesn’t really feel like Halloween at the moment, even though its in 2 days. There are a couple of decorations in McDo, and a VERY small section in Carrefour. It’s so depressing! Me and Louise are going to the Erasmus Halloween party tonight, but I don’t know how good it’ll be, apparently no-one was dressed up at the last one, but it’s nearer Halloween now, so maybe... oh well! The French just seem so boring. No-one looks interesting like they do in England! Ok, some of the ‘interesting’ people do look stupid, but surely its better than looking boring? It makes me seriously wonder whether they ever had feminism or women’s rights in France! Some people do dress nicely but they’re all at least in their 40s! There’s practically no Goths, emos, rockabillys, fashionistas, there’s definitely no Barbie style girls! There are virtually no sub-sections of society (if one can put it that way) its like there is a national uniform, like that advert for hair gel where the kids are all on a conveyor belt and 2 of them find hair gel and look different to everyone else. If you do wear something different, you REALLY stand out.
Oh well, I’m understanding more in class which is something, but I’m dreading a test in history this week! At least I’m allowed a dictionary! One of the Chinese girls in my residence was saying how she wants to learn how to rollerblade, so when she gets some, we’ll be able to rollerblade together!

No comments:

Post a Comment