Saturday, October 3, 2009

Hurrah! Well, the intenets fixed, I have rollerblades, pink hair and I'm making a dress. So much has been going on! I'm really glad I don't have to lug my laptop around anymore, although it does mean that I have to pay rent on time... lol, not that it matters. I went out for a spin on my blades and only nearly fell over a couploe of times. Every friday evening theres a meeting at Bellecour of rollerbladers and scooter...ers? Which should be really good!
I need to get some honey at the market tomorrow, its cheaper than in the supermarkets! I've run out cos I've done some cooking with it, plus all the honey lemon and brandy drinks (brandy is much cheaper than whiskey). I'm feeling much better now, but still not 100%. We're going to lazer quest today, its really expensive though! 7euros a game or something! More sushi restaurants have been discovered, and I think I'll have to concentrate on the ones which have takeaway leaflets, because I don't remember where most of them are. My favourite is still the one near the parc tete d'or, its the cheapest and looks really nice inside!
I'm really glad my hair dye arrived yesterday, I love having coloured hair! I really need to go shopping because, aside from needing more blu-tack because I have so much stuff to put on my wall (there was a guy selling posters outside uni-3 for 5 euros), I also have no food. On the plus side, I found a japanese section in my local monoprix so if I want to make sushi, I can! I'll just pop along to the market in the morning, get some fresh fish (I know what its called in french now thanks to the sushi menus! I just need to find out what dorade is in english...Its sea-bream. That doesn't say anything to me, but its really good!)
I think I'll have to go to a cheese counter too, I want to find a cheese to make cheese sauce with that isn't emmental in a ready-grated bag. Or a cheese that tastes like feet. They could probably market some of it in the uk as a novelty cheese shaped like a foot. It would be a really popular novelty present; "you have cheesy feet! Here, have a cheese-foot!" I'm not sure french people would find it so popular, though. No one hase a sense of humor like the brits! I lent Louise Mighty Boosh season 1 and she asked me "Is it always that wierd?" after watching the first episode. She kind of enjoyed it though. I think. But we both agreed that no other country would get it. Even if you had someone who spoke perfect english and understood all the jokes and slang, they wouldn't get it. Because it's so british and eccentric. Makes me pleased and proud to be english! No one does wierd like us!
I might have to go and look in the wierd sections in the book shop, you know how in england there are a load of strange, basically pointless books which are very interesting? I remember seeing one which had where superstitions come from in it. I wonder what superstitions there are in France? And where the hell the 'poisson d'avril' came from (april fish...april 1st you go around putting fishes on peoples backs...don't ask, I don't know. Maybe wikipedia will?).
I've just discovered my laptop has built in speech recognition. How cool is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment