Monday, October 19, 2009

Its difficult to remember whats happened the past week, its been kind of busy. I went rollerblading along the river last tuesday, it was cold but cos I was moving, it was ok. the skateable terrain ran out after a while so I put on my trainers (luckily I bought sensible shoes with me) and carried on walking. There was a small nature reserve which apparantly had beavers and kingfishers hanging out there, but I didn't see any. I'd already seen a kingfisher on my first visit to the zoo anyway, flitting by and saying hello to the pelicans and flamingos. Then further on there was a massive park, which had a kind of island thing (again, god bless my waterproof trainers) and I walked across the very shalow water to explore a little bit. It was really weird, there was a main road really nearby, but it felt like the countryside. And there were so many different parts to this place, big green spaces, woodland, water (although you'd have to have a death wish to go in the rhone, you can actually see the current) it was really cool apart from this huge building site by the river! I was trying to get to the lake, but didn't get anywhere near that far (maybe half way) and cos I was meeting Louise for sushi later, I thought I'd better head back. I think you need a whole day to get up there and back! (at least if you're gonna get there and enjoy it) I saw some birds along the river, one of them was a heron, but it looked black. Sushi was good, but I still prefer Yoshi, the cheapest and nicest I've found so far.
I went to a boat club the other day, a club on a boat, which was cool and loads of people were really drunk (its not just the english, I swear!) I'm sad that I'm missing hallowe'en and bonfire night, but there's english peeps here I'll be able to celebrate with!

Me and Chris went to find some trompes d'oeil (the paintings on the sides of buildings) but then decided to wander, and ended up at the fourviere (big church on the hill) at night. It was so stunning, there was the eiffel tower/radio tower about 500 metres away from it, which was so confusing, cos it looks way further from the bottom of the hill! and we looked out over all of lyon lit up at night. With the light polluiton giving the sky an orange tinge. It was beautiful!

Missed a lecture this morning because I was way too tired, but its all stuff that I can easily look up in a book or online. I just didn't sleep at all last night. Tomorrow is my day off and I think I'll have to do some work reading and stuff to catch up with everything, and translation. But its much easier now I have internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment