Saturday, March 13, 2010

French house parties

Well, back from another house party chez un francais. So of course I stink of cigarettes and my eyes are slightly sore still from the smoke that enveloped the room. You know those foggy/misty scenes in the woods in horror movies? They could so easily replace the woods with a French party and the fog with smoke.

This wasn’t as bad as most parties though, there wasn’t the usual person/group crowded round the laptop selecting the music that they insist everyone likes and wants to dance to, even when everyone else was happy with the previous song that had been cut off half way through. Oh how we miss the days of boom boxes and stereos, when the music was in physical CD format and not found on YouTube. When the speakers were halfway decent and not made for personal computer use. Of course this statement goes for house parties pretty much worldwide now.

But oh how I miss being in England and the smokers being a small minority rather than the majority, where house parties are not needed because it’s so cheap to go out, and where when you do go out there are not the majority of bars and clubs which ignore the non smoking ban. I miss my clothes and hair not stinking of cigarettes, the smell infused in my hair that makes me want to vomit when I wake up hung-over. Oh for the days when I didn’t stink after a good night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment